This Malaysian noodle soup with shrimp and Sweet Pointed Peppers is definitely a must-try! Sweet pointed peppers are an essential part of this dish as they adds a nice sweetness. Don't forget to add some fresh shrimp, cooked noodles and of course some delicous and healthy vegetables to make this noodle soup the star of the table.
- Chop the red onion. Slice or crush the clove of garlic. Peel and finely grate the ginger. Remove the seeds from the peppers and cut the flesh into rings.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the red onion in it until brown and slightly crispy. Remove from the pan with a slotted spoon, place in a bowl and sprinkle with some salt.
- If necessary, add some extra oil to the pan and fry the garlic and ginger in it. Then add the Laksa paste, brown sugar and lemon juice and stir well.
- Then add the coconut milk, stock and pointed peppers. Bring to the boil, then turn down the heat. Let simmer for a few minutes until the peppers soften a little.
- Finally, add the prawns and noodles and simmer for a few more minutes until the prawns are pink and cooked.
- Before serving, garnish the soup with fresh coriander.