Kale is a versatile vegetable that can be added to stew or turned in to a crispy chip, and it's also delicious in a salad. This salad has the sweetness of cranberries and a fresh hit with a dressing of mint and lemon.
- Rinse the quinoa and cook according to the instructions on the package.
- If you want to lessen the stiffness of the kale, briefly saute the kale in a hot pan.
- Pick the leaves off the mint and finely chop them.
- Mix the quinoa (hot or cold) with kale, mint and cranberries.
- Season with a dash of olive oil, juice from half a lemon and some salt and pepper.
Tips from the author
For a bit of crunch, add some roasted almond shavings.