Have you ever eaten a Sloppy Joe? It's a US classic made with hamburger meat and a tomato sauce, served on hamburger buns. Our version is packed with veggies and is the perfect mid week meal for hungry families!
- Heat the white wine vinegar in a pan and dissolve the sugar in it. Chop the onion and then mix the onion slices into the wine vinegar mixture. Leave until use.
- Finely chop or crush the garlic cloves. Remove the seeds from the peppers and cut coarsely. Grate 2/3 of the courgette and 1/3 coarsely. Keep separated.
- Heat a large skillet with oil over medium heat. Saute the garlic for a few minutes. Then add the minced meat and fry it until cooked.
- Then add the bell pepper, the finely grated courgette and the chili powder and fry for a few minutes until the courgette has released most of the moisture. Then add the canned tomatoes, bring to a boil and then lower the heat. Simmer for 10 minutes until the liquid has evaporated, then season with salt and pepper.
- Cut open the buns and toast the cut surfaces in a dry frying pan or grill pan. Then cover the buns with the minced meat mix and top with the coarsely grated zucchini and the sweet and sour onion.
- Serve right away.