Have you ever tried marinating chicken in balsamic vinegar? If not, you should! The acidity of the balsamic vinegar turns the chicken nice and tender, plus the balsamic vinegar gives the chicken a delicious flavour – one that works really well with strawberries, cucumber and fresh lettuce. For the finishing touch, serve this salad with a ball of burrata and some delightfully crunchy, golden brown croutons.
- In a bowl, mix together the balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, honey and sriracha to make the marinade. Put ¼ of the marinade to one side to use as the dressing later. Mix the rest together with the chicken thighs and some salt and pepper, then leave in the fridge to marinate for as long as possible.
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees. Cut the ciabatta into crouton-sized pieces and then put them in a bowl and mix with the olive oil and some salt and pepper. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes until golden brown.
- Slice the cucumber into thin ribbons (this is easiest using a peeler or cheese slice). Remove the leaves from the Salatrio and wash them. Rinse the strawberries.
- Heat the oil or butter in a frying pan and then fry the chicken thighs until cooked and golden brown. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Put the lettuce and strawberries into a separate bowl and mix with the dressing. Arrange everything on a large plate, garnished with the croutons, cucumber ribbons, fried chicken and ball of burrata. Serve immediately.