Have you ever tried to make your own sun-dried tomatoes? It's really easy! These oven dried treats are simple to make and will have an amazing, intense tomato flavour. Sun-dried tomatoes make the perfect addition to your salads or just enjoy them as a healthy snack.
- Preheat the oven to 100°C.
- Halve the tomatoes, score the flesh with a sharp knife and tightly pack the tomatoes in a greased oven dish, with the inside facing upwards.
- Mix the Italian seasoning with the oil and spoon over the tomatoes.
- Place the dish in the oven to dry the tomatoes for approximately 3 hours, remove the tomatoes when they're still a little moist.
- Allow to cool and store in the tomatoes in the fridge until serving.
Tips from the author
You can sprinkle fresh basil over the tomatoes for extra flavour.