Viaggio Veggie - A veggie trip through the beautiful regions of Bella Italia - by Silvia Censi
Marche in Italy is a region rich in artists, history, nature and lies by the sea. Caves, hills, old villages and mountains enrich it with charm. Every corner and every top of this region will amaze you. With this salad with chicory, tomatoes and pancetta you come all the way in the spheres of this beautiful region.
- Prepare spelt according to the packaging.
- Cut onion in rings and fry in olive oil together with a teaspoon of sugar (for about 5 minutes)
- Cut the chicory in strips and get rid of the hard parts.
- Add chicory to the onions.
- Fry for about 5 minutes and bring to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cut tomatoes in halves and fry together with the chicory and onions for about 2 minutes.
- Separately fry the pancetta, until it's crispy and leave aside.
- Cut cheese in little cubes and mix it all together in a salad bowl, serve with crispy pancetta.