Did you know that you can make steaks out of lots of vegetables? For example, how about a cauliflower steak? Or as in this dish: a cabbage steak. Very simple to make, but the outcome is amazing. Especailly if you combine the cabbage steak of white cabbage with a deliciously fresh and slightly spicy chimichurri and truffle mayonnaise. Want to make it a complete meal? Then serve these delicious cabbage steaks with crispy baked potatoes, fries or mashed potatoes. Delicious!
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees and line a baking sheet with baking paper.
- Mix together the spices in a bowl.
- Chop the red pepper small. Do the same with the parsley. Crush or chop the garlic cloves and chop the onion. Mix everything together with the red wine vinegar and 80ml of oil in a small bowl. You can now blend the whole thing with a food processor or leave it as is. Add more oil if necessary if the mixture is too dry. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Wash the cabbage and cut a small piece off the top and bottom. Then cut the rest of the cabbage into 4 slices of equal thickness. Divide them among the baking sheet. Then brush the tops with a good amount of olive oil and spread some of the spice mix over them. Then turn the steaks over and do the same on this side.
- Bake the cabbage steaks in the oven for 20 - 25 minutes until golden brown and cooked through.
- Carefully remove them from the oven and place each steak on a plate. Spread the chimichurri on top and spread truffle mayonnaise to taste.
- Your cabbage steaks with chimichurri and truffle mayonnaise are ready to be served! Delicious with crispy potatoes, fries or mashed potatoes.