Do you find it hard to come up with healthy and tasty vegetarian dishes? Lettuce wraps are a good idea. By using fresh lettuce leaves you will get a crispy bite and it's lesser calories than a normal wrap. These vegetarian wraps with quinoa and tomatoes are paired with a creamy yoghurt dressing. Easy for lazy weekend lunches or busy weekdays because it's ready in less than half an hour. It's good to know that the quality of tomatoes is very important in this recipe, they need to be sweet and fresh for a nice bite.
- Wash the cherry tomatoes and cut into wedges.
- Cook the quinoa following the directions on the package. In the meantime, heat 3 or 4 tablespoons of olive oil in a pan adding ginger, turmeric and pepper. Turn off the heat, add the drained quinoa. If necessary, season with salt.
- Let it cool and in the meantime prepare the sauce by mixing the yogurt with lemon juice, garlic, salt, pepper and 1 teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil.
- Wash the lettuce leaves, stuffed with quinoa, tomatoes and adding 1 tablespoon of yoghurt sauce and roll up.
- To get small wraps to arrange as in the example photograph, you can cut the lettuce leaves into strips of at least 4cm before stuffing and rolling.