Do you find it hard to come up with healthy and tasty vegetarian dishes? Lettuce wraps are a good idea. By using fresh lettuce leaves, you will get a crispy bite that is lower in calories than a regular wrap. These vegetarian wraps with quinoa and tomatoes are paired with a creamy yoghurt dressing. They're great for lazy weekend lunches, or busy weekdays because it's ready in less than half an hour. The quality of tomatoes is very important in this recipe, as they need to be sweet and fresh for a nice bite.
- Wash the cherry tomatoes and cut into wedges.
- Cook the quinoa following the directions on the package.
- Heat 3 or 4 tablespoons of olive oil in a pan adding ginger, turmeric and pepper. Turn off the heat and add the drained quinoa. If necessary, season with salt. Let it cool
- Prepare the sauce by mixing the yogurt with lemon juice, garlic, salt, pepper and 1 teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil.
- Wash the lettuce leaves and stuff with quinoa and tomatoes. Add 1 tablespoon of yoghurt sauce and roll up.
- To arrange small wraps, like in the example photograph, cut lettuce leaves into strips of at least 4cm before stuffing and rolling.
Tips from the author
Cherry Diva tomatoes are available at Thai supermarkets Tops and Central Food Hall. Interest in the growers of this tasty cherry tomato and hungry for more recipes, check our Cherry Diva page