It is always fun to combine sweet, salty and even slightly bitter flavours in a salad. This Italian inspired salad features sweet succulent rockmelon pieces, tossed through baby kale leaves dressed with olive oil, balsamic vinegar and lime juice. The feta and roasted pumpkin seeds just finish and compliment the flavours. Enjoy.
- Cut and peel the rockmelon into bite sized pieces. Set aside
- Make the dressing: Simply whisk together the olive oil, salt to taste & balsamic vinegar. Then empty the bag of baby kale leaves into a bowl and, with you hands, evenly coat the leaves with the dressing. This is important as kale leaves are quite tough "undressed!"
- In a hot non-stick pan lightly roast the pumkin seeds just for a few minutes - without any oil.
- On your plates or platter - place a bed of the dressed leaves, top with the rockmelon pieces, crumble over the feta and scatter the lightly roasted pumpkin seeds.
- Serve with a generous squeeze of fresh lime juice over the top.