We love cauliflower! It is such a versatile vegetable. This recipe is for roasted cauliflower with harissa and cauliflower puree. Harissa is a hot spice paste that comes from North Africa. It gives your dish a special and deliciously spicy flavour. It makes the roasted cauliflower nice and spicy and the sweetness of the maple syrup balances it well. Cauliflower puree with olive oil and lemon juice is also part of this recipe. To make this dish even more flavoursome, serve with a small salad made from chickpeas and spinach. It complements the spicy and creamy cauliflower perfectly! The vinaigrette adds the finishing touch. Enjoy your meal!
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees. Wash the cauliflower, divide the first into florets and cut the second into slices about 1 cm thick.
- Place only the slices of cauliflower on a baking sheet covered with baking paper. Mix the maple syrup with the harissa and brush the slices. Add a pinch of salt and bake in the oven for about 30 minutes until golden brown.
- Boil the florets in salted water until soft, about 10/15 minutes. Drain and place in a blender. Add 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil and 120 grams of water and mix until smooth. If it is too thick, you can add a little water until you reach the desired thickness.
- Heat 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil in a pan, add the chickpeas and sauté for a few minutes. When the chickpeas begin to sizzle and brown, add lemon juice, salt and pepper. Add the previously washed spinach and let it dry.
- Prepare the vinaigrette by emulsifying 60 ml of extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice, mustard, and honey. Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide the cauliflower puree and spread over the bottom of the dishes, add the fried chickpeas and roasted cauliflower. Pour the dressing over it and serve sprinkled with the black sesame seeds and herbs.