Do you know Buddha Bowls? A Buddha Bowl is a bowl packed with a mix of healthy ingredients. It's important to have a balanced mix of the four building blocks: vitamins, proteins, healthy fats and complex carbohydrates. The whole thing is arranged beautifully so that it not only looks great, but also tastes great!
For this oriental buddha bowl, chickpeas and sweet potatoes are roasted and combined with courgettes, sugar snap peas and lettuce.
- Peel and dice the sweet potato. Mix olive oil, salt and pepper with it. Spread on a baking tray.
- Drain the chickpeas. Mix with oil and spices and place on the baking tray next to the sweet potatoes.
- Bake in the preheated oven at 200 °C for approx. 25 min.
- Wash the lettuce, dry it and cut it into pieces according to the size of the leaves.
- Wash the courgettes and cut off the ends. Then cut lengthwise into thin slices with a vegetable peeler or cheese slicer. Drizzle olive oil over the top.
- Fry the courgette ribbons for 1-2 minutes on one side or grill them until they are lightly brown. Salt and place on a plate to cool. Roll up into florets.
- Wash the sugar snap peas, cut off the ends and blanch in salted water for approx. 3 min.
- For the dressing, mix tahini with lemon juice, olive oil, chopped garlic and warm water until smooth.
- Arrange the vegetables in two bowls and finish with a drizzle of tahini dressing and chopped cashews.