An ideal intermediate course or a main dish for a summer evening.
Preparation of the dressing:
• Whisk vinegar with white wine, salt and pepper until the salt is dissolved
• Add olive oil and continue stirring
• Put the mixture into a small blender, add honey and walnuts
• Strain the mixture, and if it is too stiff, add a little bit of vinegar or white wine
Duck breast fillets:
• Trim the duck breast fillets first (remove tendons and skin from the meat)
• Then cut the fat layer in a rhombic pattern with a scalpel or a very sharp knife but don’t cut too deep into the meat
• Prepare are marinade made of honey, soy sauce, orange juice and thyme.
• Let the duck breasts soak not less than 2 hours, they should be slightly covered, if necessary turn from time to time
Preheat the oven up to 150 °C
Fry the duck breast fillets without oil with their skin side pointing downwards. As soon as sufficient fat has escaped, turn and fry the meat side. Put them into the oven afterwards for about 15 minutes depending on desired degree.
I prefer to use a prepared mixture containing up to 7 different lettuce types.
Cut the chives into rings, quarter the cherry tomatoes, mix all ingredients
Mix the dressing and salad immediately before serving. Arrange the salad nicely on plates. Cut the
duck breast fillets into very fine slices and arrange them star-shaped on the salad.
Tips from the author
Ingredients for 4 persons