Everything you deep-fry is delicious, right? We think so! So we went for a new variant: fried avocado fingers! By topping it with a homemade beetroot dip, or aioli, this delicious spicy dip takes on a pretty pink colour. You will absolutely make a splash when you place this plate on the table at your next drinks party!
- Start by making the aioli. First, finely grate the garlic, then place with the egg yolk in a bowl and start mixing. Add half of the sunflower oil, teaspoon by teaspoon, until the mixture doubles in volume and takes on the colour of mayonnaise. Then add the rest of the sunflower oil in bursts. Finally, add the lemon juice and some salt and pepper. Then stir the beetroot juice through the aioli.
- Prepare three bowls next to each other. Put the cornflour in the leftmost bowl and mix it with the garlic powder, paprika, and cayenne pepper, and a pinch of salt.
- Beat the eggs in the middle bowl and put the panko in the rightmost bowl.
- Remove the skin from the avocados and cut them into thick slices.
- Heat a thick layer of sunflower oil in a thick-bottomed pan until a piece of bread you throw in starts bubbling. Then pass each slice of avocado first through the cornflour, then the egg and then the panko.
- Bake the avocado chips in the hot oil in batches for about a minute per side. Then remove from the pan using a slotted spoon and drain briefly on kitchen paper.
- Serve the fried avocado fingers with the homemade beetroot dip.