This Spring tomato quiche is a quick and easy recipe and can be eaten either hot or cold.
We’ve chosen to accompany it with a delicious Italian salad with a balsamic vinegar dressing with a dash of honey for extra sweetness. The Parmesan cheese adds the finishing touch. A Salatrio head of lettuce is ideal for salads like these. Quick, easy and simply irresistible – what more could you ask for?
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees. Grease the quiche tin with butter and line it with the pastry.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl and then mix in the ricotta. Finely chop the basil stems and add them to the mixture. Then stir in the grated cheese. Season to taste with pepper.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in half.
- Spread the egg mixture out evenly in the quiche tin and arrange the cherry tomato halves on top with the flat edges facing downwards.
- Bake the tomato quiche in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes until it is cooked and golden brown.
- In the meantime, gently warm the balsamic vinegar over a low heat until it has reduced by a third. Remove the pan from the heat and mix in the honey.
- Cut the leaves from the head of lettuce. After washing them, put the leaves into a bowl and stir in the extra virgin olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Sprinkle the Parmesan flakes over the top. Serve the balsamic dressing on the side.
- Your tomato quiche and Italian salad are ready to enjoy!