A very easy to make chocolate mousse. The addition of melon balls makes this a very refreshing dessert. Try dipping the fruit into the chocolate like you would with a fondue!
1. Break chocolate into small pieces and place in a heat proof bowl, melt over a saucepan of boiling water (alternatively microwave 30 secs at a time until melted). Stir well.
2. Separate eggs
3. Mix yolks into the chocolate
4. Beat whites until stiff then fold gently into chocolate mixture
1. Sieve cocoa and sugar into a small saucepan
2. Add boiling water stirring constantly
3. Put mixture onto stove on medium heat and boil for 1 minute
4. Add vanilla essence and salt
Note – keeps well in a clean dry jar in the refrigerator
1. Place chocolate mousse into parfait glasses (or champagne glasses) and chill until set
2. Dribble a little chocolate sauce on the top of each glass
3. Serve with skewers (or straws) of mixed melon balls
Tips from the author
Keep chilled in the fridge until ready to serve.
For additional tips on choosing and preparing different types of melon, visit our salapedia section