A pie or quiche is a perfect budget friendly dish. You can use up a lot of leftover ingredients like veggies, cheese, chicken, etc. Check out these mini pies, a fun dish to prepare with the kids this weekend.
- Let the puff pastry sheets thaw. Turn on the oven to 220 degrees and grease the quiche mold(s) with butter or oil and line them with the puff pastry.
- Bring the stock to a boil in a saucepan. Cook the chicken breast in stock for about 15 minutes until the chicken is cooked through. Then pull the chicken apart with 2 forks.
- Chop the onion and cut the leeks into rings.
- Heat some oil in a large frying pan or skillet. Saute the onion until translucent. Then add the leek and 2 tablespoons of stock from the other pan. Fry the leek until it is soft.
- Then add the crème frache, the pulled chicken and the peas and stir well. Season with salt and pepper.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl and add the grated cheese.
- Fill the quiche mold(s) with the chicken-vegetable mixture and pour the egg over it. Then bake the pie(s) in the oven for 25 – 45 minutes (depending on the size of the mold you have chosen) until the egg is cooked and the puff pastry is golden brown.
- Let the pie(s) cool briefly and serve immediately.