It might slip our minds, but sautéed vegetables are incredibly tasty and super easy to prepare. And they are even better when you caramelize those vegetables in butter and sauté them. Vegetables such as leeks and fennel lend themselves perfectly to this. Combine these two vegetables and garnish them with a fresh sour salsa verde, crunchy hazelnuts, and creamy burrata, and you have a dish bursting with flavour and textures. This caramelized leek with fennel and burrata is delicious!
- Halve the leeks along the lenght and cut each half into 3 pieces. Make sure the halves remain whole. Halve the fennel and cut each piece into 2 pieces.
- Heat the butter in a large fry pan or divide the butter between two fry pans. Place the vegetables face down in the pan and fry until brown. Turn and brown the other side. Add a few tablespoons of water to the pan and cover with a lid. Stew the vegetables until tender. Then remove the lid from the pan and drizzle the honey over the vegetables. Season with salt and pepper.
- In the meantime, make the salsa verde: put everything, except the salt and pepper, in a high measuring cup and mix with a hand blender. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roughly chop the hazelnuts and cut the burrata into pieces.
- Place the stewed vegetables in a large bowl and spread half of the salsa verde over them. Garnish with hazelnuts and burrata and serve the rest of the salsa verde on the side. Your caramelized leek with fennel and burrata is ready to be enjoyed!