How to ferment vegetables?
Fermenting is so much easier than most people think, you just have to be a little patient. There are many options when it comes to fermenting vegetables. Some of our favourites are carrots, pickles, cabbage, and jalapenos.
Here's a simple guide how to ferment vegetables, when you get experienced you can discover new flavour combos with herbs and fruits.
- Gather the vegetables that you want to ferment. Peel and cut the veggies if necessary.
- Put the vegetables in a clean jar
- Add garlic, herbs, or spices for extra taste
- Add between 1 teaspoon and 1,5 tablespoon sea salt, depending on how salty you like things
- Fill with water, leaving about 1 ½ inches headspace and press down to ensure food is below brine
- Tighten lid and leave at room temp. for about 5 days.
- Taste to see if it is to your liking