How to prepare
Wash the carrots before use and remove the top and bottom parts.
Preparation time for carrots
- Cooked: approx. 10 minutes
- Sautéed: 6 - 8 minutes
- Microwave: 4 - 5 minutes
- Grilled: 10 - 13 minutes
- Steamed: 17 - 19 minutes
Buyer's and storage guide
Carrots should be undamaged, dry and have a bright colour with fresh green tops.
If you don't remove the green leafy tops the carrots can be stored in the refrigerator for about four days. Carrots without the green tops can be kept up to two weeks.
- Mixed vegetables served with onions and celery
- In a salad with oranges, raisins and grated coconut
- Thinly sliced in vegetable and tomato soup
- Fried with various vegetables
- Grated and added to raw vegetable salads
- With a healthy dipping sauce (or just alone) carrots are a perfect healthy and easy snacking vegetable