These mouth-watering witlof (or chicory) boats are perfect for a tropical party. They look pretty, taste wonderful and are easy to make, share and enjoy.
- In a large bowl, combine the shrimps, olive oil, garlic. Season with cayenne pepper. Stand for 30 minutes to marinate.
- Cut the tomatoes, and avocado into small cubes. Chop the onion.
- In a separate bowl prepare the salsa by combining the tomato, avocado and onion with the dressing ingredients.
- Cut the base of the witlof and fill the witlof "boats" with the salsa.
- Meanwhile, panfry the shrimps for 5 minutes.
- To serve: Top the witlof boats with the shrimps and arrange on a sharing plate.
Tips from the author
Witlof is also known as Belgium endive or chicory.