Today I will propose a very colourful and rich warm salad. As a basis we use a mixture of different leaves: lettuce, rocket, endive and spinach .... then we will add a touch of colour which is very good for you. This is the pomegranite, a fruit with a high content of polyphenols with important antioxidant properties, three times higher than red wine, and besides being good for our cardiovascular system, prevents constipation.
I will flavour the sautéed eel and the prawns with some garlic and cayenne (to give a light but spicy kick). And of course, I could not miss a good vinaigrette - I opted for a cream of balsamic vinegar because it is thicker and decorative which will work very well with this salad .
1. Wash and dry the salad leaves
2. Deseed the pomegranite, cutting it in half and hitting the outside with the edge of a wooden spoon or spatula (and collecting the seeds in a bowl).
3. Sautee the two cloves of garlic in a pan with two tablespoons of olive oil and some cayenne or chilli powder for a couple of minutes over medium-low heat until the garlic begins to brown. At that time we remove from the pan.
4. Add to the pan with the prawns and continue sautéing all two minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
5. Prepare the vinaigrette by mixing three tablespoons of olive oil, balsamic vinegar cream and salt.
6. To serve the salad: place a bed of the mixed lettuce leaves. Scatter the pomegranite seeds. Dress with the vinaigrette.
7. Now place the sautéed eel and prawns over the top.
8. Optional: Decorate with a touch caramelised balsamic vinegar.
Tips from the author
I hope you enjoy sharing this salad with someone very special to you, as it is the perfect salad to serve in the centre of the table and I'm sure will amaze your guests. Chef Orielo, Spain.