Brussels sprouts are pretty amazing and especially good when they are not over cooked. This Italian inspired warm salad is a quick and easy way to enjoy the goodness of Brussels sprouts. Combined with fresh apple, crispy bacon, walnuts and pecorino cheese it is a tasty side dish or makes a complete meal served with boiled potatoes or hot chips.
- Wash and cut the sprouts into quarters.
- Wash the apples (do not peel) and cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Peel and slice the onion.
- Heat some olive oil in the pan then fry the onion rings. Add the sprouts and the apple vinegar and cook for 2 minutes.
- Then add a glass of boiling water, add the apple cubes, some salt and pepper and simmer for about 7 minutes on low heat.
- Fry or bake the bacon until it’s crispy, drain on kitchen paper.
- Serve the sprout mixture warm and crumble the crispy bacon over it.
- Finish with the pecorino and walnuts.