This is not an ordinary lasagne. This layered beauty is packed with colourful veggies. It is definitely worth the effort (it is a bit more work than just one type of filling) and is a good way of ensuring you are getting a lot of vegetables on your plate.
- Finely chop the onion and cut the tomatoes into small chunks.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan, add the chopped onions and stir-fry for 3 minutes until they start to colour.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the herb mix and 50 ml of water and bring the sauce to the boil, continuously stirring.
- Cover the pan and leave the sauce to simmer for approx. 10 minutes.
- In a blender or food processor mix the basil, garlic, cheese and almonds.
- Add 2 tbsp olive oil and process until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Then add about half of the rocket to start, blending until they're mostly broken down.
- Add the rest and process until you have the texture you like.
- Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 190ºC.
- Divide the pumpkin pieces over a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper.
- Drizzle with oil and season to taste with 1 tbsp thyme and some salt and pepper.
- Roast in the oven for 20 minutes or until just cooked.
- In a blender or food processor, puree pumpkin parts until smooth. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.