This salad is beautiful and refreshing for summer, but can be eaten all year round if the mood strikes. It is a tropical salad with avocado, orange, cos (romaine) lettuce and crab sticks (surimi). I like to dress this salad with a cocktail sauce (prepared with mayonnaise, ketchup, a little orange juice, brandy, and Worcestershire sauce), or if you prefer a lighter salad, you can make a vinaigrette with extra virgin olive oil, vinegar and a tablespoon of honey.
I hope you enjoy it very much, and remember to serve this salad chilled!
- Wash the lettuce thoroughly and slice it julienne-style (thin strips)
- Cut the avocado in long slices or whatever size you prefer
- Cut the orange in half, peel it and separate the wedges
- Cut the surimi into small slices
- Combine all ingredients and add salt to taste
- Lastly, dress with cocktail sauce or vinaigrette, and mix everything well
- Refrigerate and serve chilled
Tips from the author
Avocado may be high in fat, but it is monounsaturated fat (the “good fat” found in olive oil), which is beneficial for our cardiovascular system and helps lower cholesterol.