A delicious way to recreate a tropical meal on our table, with a subtle, refreshing combination of flavours and colours that will delight your guests. Ideal for summer evenings, to share a romantic dinner in the garden, or a fun meal with friends. Do not miss this one; be seduced by its magic and see how often you’ll crave it.
I'm sure this salad has everything you need to shout out, “long live summer!” ; )
- To start, we will cook the couscous by putting 2 cups of water with a few drops of EVOO and a pinch of salt in a saucepan and bring to the boil. Meanwhile, place the couscous in a heatproof bowl. When the water begins to boil, turn the heat off and carefully pour over the couscous. Mix well and let stand for about 20 minutes.
- When the couscous is cooked through and cool, mix well with a spoon (or try using a fork) to separate the grains.
- Season the chicken breast with salt and pepper, and a bit of curry powder, and cook in a pan (use a little EVOO, preferably just a light spray) until browned on the outside and fully cooked on the inside. Once it is ready, remove from heat, place on a cutting board, let stand for a few minutes, and slice.
- Cut the whole capsicums into very thin rings (if you have a mandolin slicer, this is best), chop the pineapple into chunks (removing the core), and cut the avocado in half lengthwise and slice.
- Put all the vinaigrette ingredients into a jar with a leakproof lid and shake vigorously until combined; set aside in the fridge until the salad is ready to dress.
- Assemble the salad (best served chilled) by combining all the ingredients in individual bowls to taste, dress, garnish with coriander leaves and enjoy!
Tips from the author
As a main meal this recipe is light and delicious; it is nutritionally complete and easy to digest. Keep it in mind to take to the beach or pool; simply keep the dressing on the side, and try it in mason jars, which are so trendy right now!