A perfect starter for a special occasion or try this salad instead of a sandwich at lunch time - so yummy!
1. Sprinkle eggplant with salt and oil, grill or bbq on low until cooked, drain on paper towel.
2. Slick tomatoes approximately 1cm thick.
3. Cut mozzarella into thick slices, also approximately 1cm.
4. Layer on individual serving plates starting with the tomato, eggplant, cheese until a sandwich effect is created.
5. Top with your favourite pesto or just freshly torn basil leaves.
Tips from the author
This recipe makes about 12 stacks.
Shared by the growers of Blush tomatoes, Australia. They used Graffiti Eggplants the purple striped ones and of course Blush truss tomatoes for this recipe.
Their tips: Grilled eggplant can be stored, covered in the fridge for a few days. Keep your tomatoes out of the fridge for the best flavour.