A fresh, flavorful salad, this recipe is great for using up whatever vegetables you have in your fridge (like most of my recipes!). Any combination of veg would work well, but I have listed my favorites. Feel free to go light on the chili for kids, and add a bit extra to your own if you like spicy like me. A great way to get lots of raw veggies in your week :)
- Combine the sugar, vinegar, lime/lemon juice, fish sauce, and oil. Mix vigorously to dissolve the sugar.
- Add the garlic and chillies, mix well, and set aside.
- Thinly slice the veggies, add to a large bowl, and toss with the fresh cilantro and mint.
- Add some chicken to a small bowl and warm if desired.
- Top with a large handful of the veggies and mix.
- Add the dressing to taste and enjoy!
Tips from the author
I usually add leftover chicken since I love cooking roast dinners but I usually end up with lots of leftovers; this recipe was born of necessity when I had chicken to use, but wanted something fresh and light rather than a heavy pasta & chicken dish.