This sweet and sour recipe can be put together very quickly and is extremely budget-friendly. The combination of tomato and pineapple gives it a delicious sweet and sour flavour. Add a crispy fried drumstick and some rice and in no time you have a dish that every family member will enjoy.
- Prepare the rice according to the instructions on the packet.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and fry the drumsticks until cooked. (If you would rather you can bake the drumsticks).
- Deseed the peppers and cut the flesh into thin strips. Cut the white of the spring onions into thin rings. Finely chop the green of the spring onions. Keep separate.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan or wok. Fry the white of the spring onions for 1-2 minutes on high heat. Add the pepper strips and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes. Add the tomato puree and fry for 1 minute. Then add the pineapple juice, sweet chili sauce, and pineapple pieces and stir-fry.
- Serve the rice together with the fried drumsticks and sweet & sour peppers. Spread the remaining sauce over the drumsticks and rice. Garnish with the green spring onion.