Preparing refreshing and delicious salads doesn’t have to be at odds with our traditional flavours and favourite combinations. Like they say, if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.
That's just what inspired me in this simple salad. The combination of ingredients comes straight from the recipe box where you keep the most traditional, the most authentic, the flavours truest to your heart. Cucumber, potato, olives, onion, anchovies, extra virgin olive oil, lemon, garlic... Delightful! A true festival of flavours, accompanied by a glass of good white wine, to make a pefect summer moment.
- Boil the potatoes (well washed, as we will leave the skin on) in plenty of water. Keep an eye on them to make sure they do not fall apart, so as not to damage the presentation of the salad. Rinse, drain well and set aside.
- Chop the cucumber, onion, and peppers into small cubes and slice the olives into rings.
- Cut the potatoes into halves or quarters, depending on their size. Put in a bowl with the remaining ingredients.
- Mix the vinaigrette ingredients together until emulsified; I like shaking them vigorously in a tight lidded jar.
- Pour the vinaigrette over the salad ingredients, cover with plastic wrap (or a lid if the container has one) and let the flavours combine in the refrigerator for about 1 hour.
- Serve and enjoy.
Tips from the author
Garnish with a sprig of fresh parsley to add extra flavour and colour that complements our salad beautifully.