This recipe is a great combination of lettuce, good beef, and enough spices to keep it interesting.
- Place the sliced steak in a bowl. Add the soy sauce , oil, sugar, sugar, garlic and ginger & mix well. Cover & leave to marinate at room temperature for 1 hr
- Heat the cast- iron griddle pan until very hot & then add the steak slices. Cook over a high heat for 5-6 minutes, turning frequently, until browned & caramelised
- Place the lettuce leaves on a platter. Divide the bean sprouts between the leaves (reserving a few for garnishing)
- Pile the sizzling steak on top
- Garnish with the rest of the bean sprouts & sliced chili peppers. Serve immediately with extra soy sauce, if desired