Roasted red peppers take the place of tomatoes in this twist on traditional Italian bruschetta.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Brush the baguette slices lightly with olive oil on both sides and place the slices on a baking sheet and toast in the oven until crisp and golden, about 8 minutes.
- On another baking sheet, add the peppers and roast them for 15 minutes.
- Set aside, and let it cool down a little. And then cut the roasted pepper in small slices.
- Whisk a little olive oil, with red wine vinegar, basil and salt and pepper and combine with the peppers.
- Put a little ricotta on each baguette and add a little of the pepper mixture on top.