The colourful red and green Salanova® Crispy lettuce leaves add crunch to this classic dish, while the potatoes, anchovies and herbs make it an ideal lunch, picnic or BBQ salad that you can prepare in advance.
- Boil the potatoes in salted water for 15 minutes or until cooked. Drain, rinse with cold water and allow to cool to room temperature. Cut larger potatoes into two.
- Whisk the yoghurt, mayonnaise and mustard into a smooth and even mixture. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Mix with the potatoes.
- Remove the bottom of the lettuce head with one straight cut then wash and (spin or pat) dry the leaves.
- Combine the leaves in a large bowl and scatter the potatoes, spring onions and anchovies.
- Toss just before serving.
Tips from the author
Include hard-boiled eggs, cut and quartered or try hard boiled quail eggs for extra taste. This salad can also be made with a bag of fresh cut lettuce leaves of your choice.