Pasta is a great base for a wholesome meal. It's also magical when mixed with the stunning-looking Romanesco cauliflower. The taste is a softer than ordinary cauliflower with a nutty flavour.
With a good olive oil and Parmesan cheese, this combination makes a delicious pasta salad.
- Chop off the outer leaves and cut the Romanesco into small florets. Wash under cold water and drain.
- Slice the garlic finely and fry it in a dash of olive oil. Add the Romanesco and gently stir fry.
- Cook the pasta according to packet instructions and cool by running it under cold water.
- Add the Romanesco to the pasta and stir in olive oil. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Grate Parmesan cheese generously on top.