Parsnip is a vegetable that is not eaten often in the Netherlands. This dish is offered by Restaurant Rossio in Delft. This recipe shows you how to turn the parsley root into a delicious soup!
- Cut the onion in pieces
- Cook the onion in a generous knob of butter with extra virgin olive oil.
CAUTION: do not bake, just yarn, the soup should remain clear
- Peel the parsnip and cut it into pieces
- Add the pieces of parsnip to the onions in the pan
- Add a splash of white wine and chicken stock and bring to a boil
- Let simmer gently 45 minutes, the vegetables should be just below the waterline
- When the parsnip is soft, it is done
- Chop the soup with a blender or food processor
- Add the cook’s cream to the soup
- Grate the lemon and then cut it in half
- Add the lemon pieces to the soup
- Cut the onion into half rings
- Fry the bacon, onion and garlic in a pan and use it as garnish
Tips from the author
Restaurant Rossio in Delft is opened all day. In our restaurant we serve delicious fresh coffee, irresistible homemade pie and cookies, a tasty lunch, drinks, simple and pure food or choose for a luxury dinner. In our South European cuisine we use only fair, fresh ingredients. The vegetables and fish are freshly ordered every day and we only use free-range meat.