This traditional French salad looks amazing, but is very simple to prepare. It’s three ingredients—bacon, a poached egg, and lettuce, dressed with a lemon, Dijon vinaigrette.
- Fry the pieces of bacon in a frying pan until crispy, then add the bread and fry until golden.
- Remove and drain on kitchen paper.
- Meanwhile, poach the eggs. Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil and add a teaspoon of salt and the vinegar. Crack each egg into a small cup.
- Using a whisk, swirl the water and drop an egg into the middle. Turn down the heat and simmer for 2-3 minutes. Remove the egg with a slotted spoon and plunge into cold water. Repeat with the other egg.
- Whisk all the dressing ingredients in a large bowl. Add all the types of lettuce and gently toss together.
- Add the salad leaves on the plate, top with the bacon, croutons and tomatoes and place the poached egg on top of the salad.