Skip to main content
- Cover lentils with unsalted water and cook for 20 minutes; add salt to taste during the last few minutes of cooking.
- Place the sliced shallot rings in a bowl of ice water to crisp them and to remove the raw onion flavour.
- Drain the lentils and mix with half the oil from the jar of oven-dried tomatoes.
- Make a dressing by mixing the rest of the oil with balsamic vinegar and adding freshly ground pepper to taste.
- Make a bed of mixed salad leaves and distribute the lentils, oven-dried tomatoes, drained shallot rings and goat’s cheese over the top.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad and serve.