A layer salad goes down well with young and old alike and you can prepare it wonderfully. This winter version is prepared with potatoes, carrots and beetroot. The top layer consists of pomegranate seeds, which make the salad look lovely Christmassy.
- Boil the potatoes, carrot and beetroot in salted water. Let them cool down and finally peel. Then dice (or grate) everything in separate small bowls.
- Peel and press the garlic.
- Mix potatoes, grated cheese and garlic together.
- Boil the eggs, let them cool down, peel and cut them into fine cubes. Mix with salt and parsley.
- Cut the spring onions into fine rings and the onion into small cubes.
- Remove the seeds from the pomegranate.
- Salt and pepper the sour cream for the dressing. It is later spread carefully on the different layers.
- Now layer as follows:
- Leave the salad to stand in the fridge for 1 hour.
Tips from the author
You can either portion the salad into small glasses or prepare a wreath. Place a small glass in the middle of the serving dish and layer the ingredients around it. When the salad is ready, you can remove the glass with a twisting motion, and you have a beautiful (Christmas)wreath!