Kohlrabi is a very versatile vegetable. In this salad it is served with fresh baby spinach. Dates and hazelnuts give the salad a crunchy bite and a very special taste.
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C.
- Cut the bread to half and then cut into small triangles. Spread on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Add olive oil, salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake the pita bread in about 15 minutes until golden brown and crispy. Let it cool down.
- Peel the kohlrabi and cut into 4 mm thin strips.
- Cut the spring onions into thin, slanted rings.
- Remove the seeds from the dates and cut the fruit lengthwise into strips.
- Mix kohlrabi, spring onions, dates and baby spinach in a bowl.
- Then add the pita bread.
- For the dressing, whisk olive oil, vinegar and honey. Flavour with salt and pepper.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and serve with the roasted hazelnuts.