A vegan Asian roasted kohlrabi recipe with peanut crunch topping. Perfect starter or side dish!
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Mix the mushroom stock with the water, soy, and nori sheets. Bring to the boil.
- Peel the kohlrabi and slice a half centimetre off both sides. Prick the kohlrabi all over with a wooden skewer.
- Place the kohlrabi's in a suitable baking dish and pour the boiling stock over it. Cover the baking dish with a lid or aluminium foil and cook the kohlrabi's in the oven for 1 hour. Turn the kohlrabi's halfway through. Use a skewer to check whether the kohlrabi is done. The skewer should easily insert into the centre of the kohlrabi. If this is not the case, then cook the kohlrabi longer.
- Halve the kohlrabies. Brush the slices with the stock. Heat the sunflower oil in a pan on the stove top. Stir-fry the slices over high heat.
Preparation peanut crunch
- Toast the peanuts and coconut chips in a dry pan until the coconut has turned golden brown on the edges.
- Heat the sunflower oil in the pan and fry the garlic and chilli.
- Remove from the pan and cool on kitchen paper.
- Coarsely chop the peanuts and coconut. Mix with the garlic/chilli mixture.
- Stir the soy sauce, brown sugar, and lime juice into the peanut butter.
- Fold the peanut mixture and dried onions through the peanut butter.
- Cut the scallions into thin diagonal slices, pluck the coriander leaves, cut the red chilli into thin diagonal slices.
- Place the fried kohlrabi on a plate. Spoon the peanut crunch over the kohlrabi and garnish with the scallion, coriander, and red chilli pepper.