This beautiful salad with parmesan dressing is probably my favourite salad right now. I was taught how to make it by my sister, who has been married for years to an Italian, and since I tried it I have made it many, many times.
I love it because, besides being tasty and colourful, it’s very easy to prepare, and a complete and nutritious meal, containing fresh vegetables, dairy and eggs in one easy dish. Its original and special seasoning gives it a special and unusual touch.
Be sure to try it out, as it will take very little time and you'll be blown away.
- Boil 2 eggs for about 7-10 minutes, so they are hard boiled. Let cool, peel, and separate the white from the yolk.
- Cut the egg into cubes and set aside.
- Wash and cut the cucumber into slices (leaving the skin on), then cut the cherry tomatoes in half.
- Prepare the dressing by blending together all the dressing ingredients except the parmesan cheese.
- Once blended, add the Parmesan cheese and mix well.
- Place the mixed greens on a platter or bowl and evenly distribute the remaining salad ingredients, including the sliced olives.
- Sprinkle the salad with the dressing, toss, top with the croutons, and serve.
Tips from the author
- If you are pressed for time, you can usually buy hard boiled eggs in the supermarket , ready to use and usually good quality.
- I've done the hard boiled eggs in a little over 1 minute in the microwave.
- We have used premade croutons, purchased already packaged and ready to eat. If you prefer, you can make your own croutons, cutting stale bread into little cubes and frying in a little oil or butter.