Gado-gado simply means lots of different vegetables combined with your favorite peanut sauce and often served with prawn crackers on the side. Children love it and preparation is a lot of fun, so let the kids lend a hand in the kitchen.
- Peel the potatoes and chop into bite-sized pieces, divide the cauliflower into small florets, remove the ends of the beans and slice the Chinese cabbage into strips.
- Now boil the potatoes and cook until al dente, rinse and arrange on a serving platter. Meanwhile steam the cauliflower, Chinese cabbage and green beans, rinse and add to the platter.
- Slice the carrot and cucumber into sticks and place on the platter.
- Bring water to the boil and cook the eggs for 10 minutes, rinse under cold water and allow to cool. Peel and slice the eggs and arrange on the platter.
- Heat the peanut sauce in a saucepan. Pour half the sauce over the vegetables and serve the rest on the table.
- To finish, sprinkle some fried onions and bean sprouts over the top.
- Serve the crackers on the side for a bit of extra crunch.