Are you already familiar with Salatrio? It’s a single head of lettuce made up of 3 delicious lettuce types, so it’s a ready-made mixed salad – all you have to do is remove the leaves.
This salad contains a wonderful combination of ingredients which – when mixed together – create a healthy and tasty meal bursting with vitamins and minerals. How about crunchy roasted chickpeas, broccoli and a dressing based on avocado and fresh mint? And the star of the show is chicken marinated in yoghurt. It’s definitely a case of small effort, big rewards because the acidity of the yoghurt helps to break down the proteins in the chicken making it deliciously tender. If you’d prefer a vegetarian salad, you can simply leave out the chicken. The chickpeas are an excellent source of protein on their own!
- Chop the chicken into coarse strips. Put the chicken strips in a bowl and mix with the yoghurt, cinnamon, ½ tsp paprika powder, chili powder, salt and pepper. Place in the fridge and leave to marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Cut the red onion into quarters and then slice thinly. Put them in a separate bowl and mix them with the white wine vinegar, sugar and a pinch of salt. Stir well and then keep to one side until ready to serve.
- Preheat the oven to 210 degrees and line a baking tray with baking parchment. Drain the chickpeas. Spread them on the baking tray and then sprinkle with the olive oil, onion powder and 1 tsp paprika powder and mix well. Roast for 10-15 minutes until golden brown and crunchy.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a grill pan or a grill plate over medium-high heat. Grill chicken on both sides until browned and completely cooked through.
- Chop the broccoli into florets and cook in a pan with a small amount of water until al dente. Rinse with cold water.
- Lastly, to make the dressing, put the flesh of the avocado into a tall jug together with the yoghurt, mayonnaise, garlic and 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil and mix thoroughly with the hand blender. If the dressing is too thick, add another spoonful of olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve the salad in 4 individual bowls or plates, arranging the broccoli, chicken, chickpeas and sweet & sour onion on top and then finish by drizzling over the dressing.