Have you ever grilled carrots on the BBQ or in the oven? Carrots are often overlooked as a grilling vegetable despite their sweet flavour after a couple of minutes on the grill. In this recipe, the carrots are first marinated in an orange-ginger marinade and then wrapped in bacon. The carrots then get a nice crispy layer of bacon when they have been on the BBQ. If it's not exactly BBQ weather, you can also prepare these marinated carrots with bacon in the oven.
- Cook the carrots for 12-15 minutes until al dente.
- Meanwhile, prepare the marinade. Mix the marinade ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Pat the cooked carrots dry, then place them in a baking dish. Pour the marinade over the carrots and leave to marinate for at least an hour.
- Wrap the bacon diagonally around the carrots. So that they are completely covered.
- Prepare the carrots on the BBQ over medium heat.
- Place the carrots on the grill, and turn gently so that the bacon fries all around.
- It will cook pretty fast, so stick with it. The carrots will be ready when the bacon is nicely fried.