I hope you will enjoy this fresh version of a kimchi salad! Often kimchi salads include pickled vegetables such as carrot, radish and cabbage.
1. Cut all the vegetables (except the lettuce) in bite-sized chunks and add to a bowl
2. Add bean curd (tofu) in the bowl and mix well
3. Add salt, chat masala and black pepper
4. Cut coriander and green chilli finely and add to the mixture
5. Thread the vegetables and tofu alternatively onto skewers before serving
6. Serve on a plate to share with the roughly torn and washed lettuce leaves on the side, some roti or parantha bread and rice. Garnish with coriander leaves and a wedge of lime.
Tips from the author
* chat masala (sometimes spelt chaat) is a typcial sweet and sour spice blend and can be found in most spice shops. It contains coriander, dried ginger, and chili powder. This simple fresh kimchi salad was created for a Love my Salad event in India (Pune), which took place on the 13th December 2012.