Sweet potato fries are so much easier to prepare (and tastier) than original French fries, they are ready in about 12 minutes! it's best to keep the skin on as it's a good source of fibre and nutrients and enriches the flavour. If you like it plain, leave out the cajun spices and just sprinkle some salt on top.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Scrub sweet potatoes (leave skin) and cut lengthwise, into 10 to 12 wedges.
- Toss the potatoes with oil, sea salt and cajun spices.
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Arrange the fries in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Bake 12-15 minutes, until fries are crispy.
- In the meanwhile prepare the dip: Mix all ingredients and bring to taste with salt and pepper.
Tips from the author
Like it hot? Drizzle some hot sriracha sauce on top of the sweet potato fries.