One of my favourite salad dressings is this French inspired creamy Dijon sauce. One of the best things about this sauce is how easy it is to make, with the bonus of very little washing up afterwards.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan, over a medium heat.
- Slowly add flour to combine.
- Add half of the milk and whisk together.
- Add the remaining milk, Dijon mustard and parmesan cheese. Whisk for approximately 3 minutes and watch as the sauce begins to thicken.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, then test the flavour and increase seasonings as needed. I like to use vegetable salt and add Italian herbs and paprika.
This sauce works particularly well with salad, salmon or chicken. Enjoy!