For a simple but satisfying snack, you can’t go past these easy cheesy celery boats that can be whipped up in a flash.
With a nutritious base of celery, a vegetable packed with vitamins and minerals, it seems only right to serve them with a something a little bit naughty like two type of cheese: a delicious cream cheese and a bitey blue cheese! Topped with crunchy nuts, sweet pear and dried fruit, these little boats have all the makings of a flavour and texture sensation that are perfect for a snack or appetizers to impress your guests.
And the best part? You can make them ahead of time and pop them in the fridge to keep them fresh.
- Cut the celery stalks into 8 cm pieces (boats).
- Fill the celery with cream cheese.
- Crumble a small amount of blue cheese over each celery boat.
- Remove the pits from the dates and slice into thin strips.
- Chop the walnuts coarsely.
- Peel the pear and cut into small cubes of 1/2 a cm.
- Garnish the boats with strips of date, cranberries, walnuts and pear.
- Sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper.