Do you know Buddha Bowls? A Buddha Bowl is a bowl packed with a mix of healthy ingredients. It's important to have a balanced mix of the four building blocks: vitamins, proteins, healthy fats and complex carbohydrates. The whole thing is arranged beautifully so that it not only looks great, but also tastes great!
Rice forms the basis of this Buddha Bowl, which is served with asparagus, strawberries, avocado and lettuce.
- Wash the rice and cook in double the amount of water with a pinch of salt for 20 minutes.
- Wash and peel the asparagus and cut off the woody ends.
- Then cook the asparagus in plenty of salted water with a pinch of sugar for approx. 5-6 min until firm to the bite.
- Clean the strawberries and cut them into quarters.
- Peel and slice the avocado.
- Wash the lettuce hearts and rocket and cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Drain the olives.
- Toast the pine nuts in a fat-free pan.
- For the dressing, finely chop the herbs and spring onion and mix with the oil and balsamic vinegar. Season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange the vegetables in a bowl, sprinkle with shaved Parmesan and the toasted pine nuts and serve with the dressing.