This black bean salad is a fantastic salad with tons of colour and flavour, and typical for its homeland: beautiful and beloved Mexico! It's great to see how easy it can be to prepare a tasty and nutritious salad with a few select ingredients that come together perfectly.
One observation: As an alternative to green chili, like they would typically use in Mexico, I have substituted a red chili. I hope you don’t hate me for it :) It is the only "Spanish" touch I've given this recipe. I hope you try this salad because you will surely love it. Enjoy!
- Drain the black beans, and peel and slice the onion thinly. Cut the cherry tomatoes in half and chop the chilli.
- Put above ingredients into a bowl, then add the corn.
- Cut avocado in half, remove the pit and cut into cubes. Sprinkle with a bit of lemon juice to avoid it browning.
- Add to the bowl with the beans and remaining ingredients.
- Mince the coriander (or parsley) and mix well.
- In another small bowl, combine dressing ingredients and drizzle over salad.
- Mix well and serve.