If you want something really different for that special occasion, this recipe will not let you down.
- Arrange the asparagus in a casserole dish so that half of the heads are at one end and the other half at the other end. The bottom of the asparagus can overlap in the middle.
- Add melon balls and crumbled blue cheese to the dish.
- Evenly mix the melon balls and cheese among, under, over, and around the asparagus.
- In a small bowl, combine the wine, mustard, lemon juice and salt and pepper.
- Mix and pour over the asparagus and melon.
- Sprinkle the hazelnuts evenly over the top.
- Bake at 180°C for about 15 to 20 minutes or until the asparagus is tender crisp. Cook for nger if you like your asparagus soft.
Tips from the author
Serves 4 as a starter